last updated on 15 April 2015
Hobbyco Imports Pty Ltd (ABN 25 064 038 099) (‘HIMP’) is committed to protecting and respecting your right to privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal and other information about you, only from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical to do so. The types of personal information we may collect include but not limited to:
● E-mail Address
● Name of Company
● ABN or ACN
● Residential or Business Address
● Contact Telephone
● Billing Information
● Proof of Identity
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
● When you register with us as a stockist;
● When you access and use our website;
● When you communicate with us directly in relation to our products and services (in person, by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
● When you complete purchase orders, requests or applications for our products or services (in person, by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
● When you interact with us during promotions, special events, or trade shows; or
● When you participate in surveys and other types of research.
How We Use the Information
HIMP uses the personal information we collect to provide ongoing products and services and to continue to improve the level of customer service that we offer to you.
Your personal information is also used for some or all of the following purposes:
● To communicate with you, including about products and services, pre-order of future release items, exclusive offers, and events which might interest you;
● To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
● To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
● To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
● To provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and logistic managers;
● To operate, evaluate and improve our business including managing our communications, analyzing our products and customer base, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
● To consider and respond to feedbacks made by you; and
● To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
The personal information you provide may be utilised at a later date and may also be used in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our products, services or activities, we may delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
Disclosure of Information
The need to disclose personal information to others, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, is generally restricted to employees, contractors or service providers that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of our goods and services, including third parties who:
● Reduce credit risk and manage collections;
● Verify your identity;
● Identify, prevent, and protect from fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
● Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
● Where required by law, to any person authorised by such law such as the police service, or government departments within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
When you provide your address, email address and telephone numbers to HIMP, you consent HIMP to send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email, phone, or regular mail such as but not limited to:
● New product mailouts
● Pre-order forms for future release products
● Exclusive offers
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever it is practical to do so.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile.
Your Rights and Choices
HIMP respects your right to deal with us without identifying yourself and understands that you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us.
If you choose to withhold requested information however, we may not be able to provide you with the goods or services that depend on the collection of that information, particularly if the collection of that information is required by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Informtion
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links to third party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, we recommend that you read the website owner's privacy statement before disclosing your personal information. HIMP is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
How to Contact Us
Hobbyco Imports Pty Ltd.
PO Box Q99
Queen Victoria Building
For information about privacy law, privacy principles, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1300 363 992.
This policy was last updated 15th April 2015.